Club-Privé Forums General Sex and Sexuality
  • Topic: oakley prezzi dressers banned from bar

Back To Topics
    • June 17, 2014 11:18:57 AM EDT
    • oakley prezzi dressers banned from bar

dressers banned from bar Despite drinking and dining regularly at the carnival-themed Boho Bar, on Unley Rd, for at least six months, members of Adelaide's transgender community say management's attitude has changed. Two male cross-dressers in female clothing were refused entry to the bar in January. A customer, who contacted the Sunday Mail, said he witnessed a group of male cross-dressers "forcibly removed" in early February. These reports followed an incident before Christmas in which another male cross-dresser in female clothing,searchy.it/oakley, and his wife, were directed to use the bar's disabled toilet instead of the women's facilities. The new policy has stunned the "trannies",lunette oakley pas cher, who say the ban affected a night out in which some members of their party were seated inside and others were refused entry. The Boho Bar, part of the Booze Brothers hotel chain, is a flamboyantly decorated and styled venue offering "elements of the circus, the old burlesque sideshows and classic, Bohemian cabaret theatres", according to its website. Male-to-female transgender retail worker Susan claimed she was made to feel "almost unclean" after she and cross-dressing friend Cherry were refused entry to The Boho Bar while out with three non-cross-dressing friends. "Because we were the first two there, they pulled us aside and said, `I'm sorry, you've been refused entry'. We were like, `What for?' " Susan said. "In my heart I knew what it was about, because us two were the only cross-dressed pair in the group; there was a guy and his wife and another guy - they were dressed as normal." Susan said her cross-dressing friends Sharyn and Heather were already inside but Sharyn was later prevented from returning when she went outside to meet the others. Susan said she contacted Booze Brothers co-director Leon Saturno two days later seeking an explanation and was told there was a new policy that "no cross-dressers (would be) allowed anymore". Susan, of the southern suburbs, was adamant there had never been previous issues at the bar about the group's dress. She said she and her cross-dressing friends wore "appropriate" clothing: "We don't dress like drag queens or anything like that," she said. Sharyn, 53, said: "We had been going there for quite a while without any problems whatsoever. "We never had any problems with the staff there or the patrons; actually, quite the contrary - we seemed to get along pretty well with some of the patrons there." Several weeks earlier, cross-dresser Roxxy said she was among a mixed group of male-female couples and transgender friends,ray ban wayfarer pas cher, when the bar's security staff told her: "In future, you have to use the handicapped toilet." "I went into the ladies' loo with my wife to do my lippy and powder my nose. She used the loo but I was outside touching up my makeup and stuff," Roxxy said. "When we left the ladies' loo, two security guys came up to us." Roxxy said they had "assumed" his wife was also a cross-dresser. She said the bar should now display its entry conditions at the door. "If someone doesn't want us in there,Oakley Outlet, it doesn't bother me; if they don't want us in there,lunettes de soleil oakley pas cher, I don't want to be there." Equal Opportunity Commissioner Linda Matthews said she was yet to receive a complaint but "on the face of it, this would meet the necessary criteria". "We would certainly take up a complaint; we would write to the club and ask them on what basis did they refuse entry to these people and see what they say," she said. "If it did come down to their chosen gender, they could find themselves in breach of the Equal Opportunity Act." Mr Saturno did not wish to comment when contacted by the Sunday Mail. Fatty Dave of Hallett Cove Posted at 11:44 AM March 19, 2010 I support the Boho Bar, why should their business be affected by some Men that have the abnormal reason for wearing womens clothes. It affects both Men, Ladies and Handicapped people sharing the toilets. Why should everyone suffer who finds this offensive by a small group of crossdressers. Every Licensed venue has the right to refuse entry for dresscodes. As A young lad I was refused entry due to various night clubs due to dress code due to maybe shoes or not wearing a shirt. This still occurs everywhere now. I didn't ring the advertiser complaining, how stupid. Move on, find a venue that is more suited to your situation.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel