Club-Privé Forums General Swingles Corner
  • Topic: nba jerseys under $20 In Cabreras Return, Os Reach a New Low

Back To Topics
    • October 15, 2014 5:11:08 AM EDT
    • nba jerseys under $20 In Cabreras Return, Os Reach a New Low

The weather had wiped out the first game of a scheduled doubleheader,nba jerseys under $20, when things started looking up. As afternoon turned into early evening the rains subsided and clouds gave way to clear skies, allowing the Baltimore Orioles and Oakland Athletics to salvage their second game.

But while the rains cleared out, the problems plaguing the Orioles stayed firmly entrenched, and a gloom remained at Oriole Park at Camden Yards after a 5-1 loss to the Oakland Athletics.

Pitcher Daniel Cabrera, whose rotation spot may be in danger, allowed only two runs though he suffered major control issues in three-plus innings. Meantime, the Orioles' offense sleepwalked against a pitcher -- Athletics starter Greg Smith -- who had won just once in the last two months.

And with that,nba jerseys under $50, the Orioles dropped their eighth straight game. And a once-encouraging season continued to devolve, as Baltimore fell to a season-worst 15 games under .500.

"This is the worst I've experienced in my big league career," outfielder Jay Payton said. "Honestly, these last two and a half,cheap nfl jerseys china wholesale, three weeks that we're going through right now, I've never had to deal with anything like this."

Payton made a mental miscue that capped the night and, in its own way,cheap nfl jerseys overnight shipping, signified the slide the Orioles have endured. With one out, and Payton on first, pinch hitter Luke Scott lifted a fly ball to deep center field. But Payton thought there were two outs. And he was already nearly to third base by the time Athletics center fielder Rajai Davis threw back to the infield, where Payton was easily doubled up.

"It was a mental cramp," Payton said. "I looked up at the scoreboard and the board said two outs. When he hit it, I just took off running. I should know better than to look at the scoreboard because it's wrong 50 percent of the time here. But that's my fault. I made a mistake."

Before Cabrera returned to the mound for the first time in two weeks, Orioles Manager Dave Trembley said it would be quickly clear if the right-hander was affected by a long layoff driven partly by suspension and partly by injury.

Cabrera walked the first three hitters of the game to foreshadow a start that lasted little more than three innings.

Orioles pitchers combined to give the Athletics eight free base runners, and it was Cabrera who got the ball rolling. His 1-1 pitch to Jack Cust would have plunked a right-handed hitter in the shoulder and his first pitch to Daric Barton nearly took out his knee cap.

"I felt a little weird in the first inning," said Cabrera, who used his sinker as a secondary pitch. "But after that I felt better and the good thing, I didn't feel any pain my arm."

When Cabrera walked Kurt Suzuki to load the bases with nobody out in the first inning, one frustrated fan yelled, "I'll give you a hundred dollars if you don't throw another walk."

Almost simultaneously, right-hander Alfredo Simon began warming in the Orioles' bullpen. After Cabrera issued his sixth walk,nba jerseys swingman replica authentic, the pitcher's return was finished by the fourth inning.

Whether he threw a strike was quite literally a 50-50 proposition -- of 84 pitches only 42 were strikes -- an unacceptable ratio for a major leaguer. But his fastball registered between 90 and 92 mph and he surrendered just two runs, which was enough to draw applause from fans who have grown accustomed to seeing much worse this season.

Simon, who spent most of this season playing for Monterrey of the Mexican League, came on and allowed three runs in his big league debut.

But, as Trembley said later, Cabrera had already set the tone for another long night.

"It's been bad for the whole team, not only for me," Cabrera said. "It's been bad for everybody here."

相关的主题文章:

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel