Club-Privé Forums General The Funny Bone!
  • Topic: nba jerseys t shirts How to Furnish an Igloo

Back To Topics
    • October 15, 2014 9:05:19 PM EDT
    • nba jerseys t shirts How to Furnish an Igloo

…AKA “A Guide to Popular Canadian Wedding Registries”

Because all Canadians live in igloos, right? / Photo credit: Red Maple

Gander and I have finally finished our registries! Huzzah! We decided to stick to traditional registry items, as all our various housewares could really use an upgrade. So, there’s no reason to bore you all with a list of what we chose. Instead, I’m going to try and make this a little different.

Almost everything I’ve read on registries has one common thread—they all use the same stores, and those stores are all American. Yes, there are a few that cross borders, like Target or Crate & Barrel, or ones that are strictly online, like Amazon, but the most common ones I’ve read about are Macy’s and Bed Bath & Beyond. Don’t get me wrong, they’re great stores! I always seem to check out Macy’s whenever I’m south of the border. However, any gift registry information I read on them doesn’t really help set up a registry here. Even with the cross-border stores, Gander and I happened to stick to three Canadian stores,nba jerseys t shirts, and here’s our experiences on them, no matter what country you’re from!

William Ashley

William Ashley is an extremely high-end store for tableware, kitchenware, and various home decor items. Although they only have one brick-and-mortar location (plus a warehouse),cheap jerseys free shipping, all their registry items are available for purchase online. After going to our one and only bridal show, we received an email about an exclusive registry event. At that point, Gander and I weren’t planning on registering just yet (especially with him still being on crutches) but decided to check it out for free swag information. Yes…information…

We were greeted at the entrance by an employee with a schedule of events. The first hour was devoted to mingling and exploring the store, as well as meeting with some of the other vendors there. While we wandered around, we were treated to some champagne and various sweet treats (personal favourites were the doughnuts from Glory Hole Doughnuts), and also had a chance to take note of some of our favourite pieces in the store. Knowing the high-end prices that went with the high-end pieces, we decided to limit our search to just fine china, glassware, and cutlery.

“…everyone should cut their food like this.” Yeah, that fancy. / Photo credit: “The One With Rachel’s Other Sister” – Friends Wiki

While we were wandering, one of the sales associates, Samantha, met with us to help us start our registry and give us some information about the pieces we were selecting. Because Gander’s ankle started to bother him, we weren’t able to finish everything on that trip; however, it was easy enough to make an appointment to meet with Samantha again and finish everything, and we still got our swag, including an adorable pair of champagne flutes.

Hudson’s Bay

Hudson’s Bay is a mid-to-high-end department store chain, similar to Macy’s. Just like pretty much any department store, you can get pretty much anything there. This was one of two stores we pre-registered with at the bridal show. Although we did pre-register at the bridal show and selected a few items online, we still needed to go in store to complete our registration.

We were directed to an open-concept office located in the china department. Our consultant,nba jerseys under $20, Laverne,nba jerseys under $20, gave us a description of the gift registry and completion program, then gave us a small tour of the departments on the lower level that most couples register in. We were also shown how to use the scanner system, given a scanner gun, and left to our own devices. As well as being able to add items online and in person, they also have the added method of using their smartphone app and either searching online or using the physical gift catalogue. Since this was actually the last place we registered,uefa champions league chelsea jersey, and most of our registry was complete, we just stuck to a few items we couldn’t get at the other stores, such as luggage.

Home Outfitters

As the name suggests, Home Outfitters specializes in outfitting the home, similar to Bed Bath & Beyond. This was the other store we pre-registered at, and the first store we completed. The process for this registry was the least glamourous and felt like it took the longest. To be fair, it was our first store in person, and we were starving partway through. After the policies were explained to us, we were given a scanner gun and sent off. It felt like we had been in there forever by the time we were done, but it is where the majority of our registry was created. The only major stand-out part of this process was the Nespresso display, with actual cups being made to order. We actually found out Gander liked their decaf, and this is a guy who usually hates all things coffee!

There’s many more places in Canada to register (why, yes, we do have more than three stores up here!), but this is just a small sampling of what the Great White North has to offer!

Did anyone else register somewhere purely for free swag?

Tags: registrytoronto BLOGGER Mrs. Goose Birthday: April 20 Location: Toronto, ON Occupation: Arts Administration Wedding Date: August 2014 Venue: Paradise Banquet & Convention Centre --> Related Posts Thousands of $$ in Prizes – Hundreds of Winners – One Day Only!06/19/14 @ 12:00 pm Why Isn’t Picking Out Free Things More Fun?04/21/14 @ 11:17 am Gifted02/28/14 @ 9:24 am A Wise Woman Told Us…04/23/14 @ 9:12 am 相关的主题文章:

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel