Club-Privé Forums General Bi-Choice
  • Topic: cheap mlb jerseys online Bamboo for Two Reflections on the Day

Back To Topics
    • October 27, 2014 12:29:10 PM EDT
    • cheap mlb jerseys online Bamboo for Two Reflections on the Day

So now that everything is said and done, I, like Mrs. Camel,cheap mlb jerseys online, wanted to reflect back on our wedding.

It was an absolutely beautiful day,nfl jerseys cheap, and I’m so glad we got an opportunity to share that day with all of our friends and family (and you guys!). Though we as brides spend so much time worrying about the little details—what shade of blue, what kind of centerpieces, etc., etc.—in the end, on the day of, none of those things mattered to me.

Photo by Lisa Rigby Photography

Nothing meant more to me than to be there with PBear, and see our friends and family come to support us. I don’t think I have ever felt that much love and happiness. To be honest, the whole thing really feels a bit like a dream. I’m still not used to calling PBear my husband.

And though I had some negative feelings about our wedding a bit after it happened, for the most part, they’re all gone, and only the happy memories remain—I really did not believe people when they said it would happen, but sure enough, it has happened.

Ultimately,nfl jerseys wholesale, I think the whole day ended up being about love. So, what decisions am I really happy we stuck with?

1) Have a tiny wedding

We were fairly conservative in terms of who we invited, and ended up with a wedding size of 42 people (including us). We had originally aimed for 60 people, but I am really thrilled with the number we ended up with. I felt like I got the chance to talk to everyone there and the whole thing felt very intimate.

2) DIYing almost everything

To save money, I spent a lot of time making all sorts of odds and ends. I love seeing all of our wedding pictures and seeing the gorgeous details that were in place. But since everything I made is still in my closet somewhere, I’m glad I didn’t spend a ton of money,wholesale nfl jerseys china, buying all that stuff.

3) Have a dinner party without dancing

There are a lot of wedding traditions, dancing,cheap Kate Spade outlet, garter toss, bouquet toss, that we weren’t comfortable with, and so we skipped them. Instead we focused on having a big meal and delicious food and I’m glad we did. It was much closer to the types of parties that we like to throw.

4) Hire people that we trust.

One of the big reasons that most of our wedding went so smoothly was that we hired people that we really trusted to do their jobs. We wanted people who knew the ins and outs of wedding planning and coordination and people that we actually genuinely liked. Looking back, we didn’t plan very much about the actual day, so I’m glad we had people who knew what to do.

5) Eating at our wedding

I always said I would eat at my own wedding, and I made it a priority—it helped that we had a long dinner. I’m so glad we sat our butts down at least a little and got a chance to eat some of it.

6) Taking some time for ourselves

During the cocktail hour, we snuck off just the two of us for a little bit, and it’s a wonderful memory. I am so glad that we got a chance to just reconnect on that day.

That being said, there are decisions that I do regret. For example:

1) Not having a plan for running late.

Stuff happens, time flies by, my biggest regret is not having a contingency plan for what we would do if we were running late. In retrospect, I would have made it very clear to everyone that we would be happy to pay for that extra hour to keep the party running longer. Oh well, learn from my mistakes—have a contingency plan!

2) Not letting people help me earlier

I like to be in control of the situation, and the person I trust the most to get it done is myself. Thus, I have a tendency not to let people help me when I know they would absolutely be willing to. It wasn’t until halfway through the morning of the wedding, when I let my bridesmaids put the centerpieces together—I somehow magically thought I would have the time to do it…My girls were amazing the day of, but it made me very aware of how somewhat controlling I might be sometimes (I don’t think I can apologize enough for that…) and that I should have let go earlier.

3) Not paying for more photography time

I love my photographer. I could gush about her for ages. I wish we had just sucked it up and gotten an hour or two more from the beginning. I regret that there are moments that she wasn’t there to capture.

4) Spending so much time/money on the little things

There are a few time and money sucks from the wedding that I wish I just hadn’t bothered with. Things like our wedding favors—there are no pictures of the favors the day of, because they didn’t get put out until many people had already left. I’m not really sure what I’m going to do with all this stuff now, oh well. (Yes, I said I would sell them…but it’s been seven months and I haven’t looked at the stuff yet…)

What would you have done differently on your big day?

Tags: bostonpicturespro picsrecap BLOGGER Mrs. Panda Location: Boston, MA Occupation: Graduate Student Wedding Date: June 2013 --> Related Posts A Stable Kind of Love: And We’re Walking05/28/14 @ 2:25 pm A Stable Kind of Love: Getting Glam05/15/14 @ 5:21 am A Stable Kind of Love: Here Comes the Bride06/02/14 @ 8:02 am A Stable Kind of Love: Time for a Good Old-Fashioned Cake Flip06/30/14 @ 8:56 am 相关的主题文章:

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel