Club-Privé Forums General Sex and Sexuality
  • Topic: Report: Sex addiction is BS - Salon.com

Back To Topics
    • February 7, 2013 9:25:23 AM EST
    • Report: Sex addiction is BS - Salon.com

A story on Salon.com talking about sex addiction piqued my interest. 

Report: Sex addiction is BS - Salon.com <http://Salon.com>
      http://www.salon.com/2013/02/06/report_sex_addiction_is_b_s/

Do you agree with this

“Tiger Woods claims to be addicted to sex. Bullshit! These are hot women he was having sex with. If he was having sex with a dead chicken, I’d say, wow, that guy is addicted to sex.”

• May 12, 2013 8:09:22 PM EDT

I don't think who a person has sex with would matter in determining if they are a sex addict and I can think of only 3 people I think would qualify for that diagnosis and 2 of the 3 are women. I think being an addict would be more defined as by what a person pays, risks or loses for sex. Tiger had a sqeeky clean image much like the Great Gretzky. A lot of his wealth and fame relied on that clean, nice guy family man image for endorsements that made him a very wealthy man. Tiger was constantly under public scrutiny from the tabloids and still he took great risks to get laid by strange attractive women. He lost a tremendous amount and not only finacially. Tiger already had a very hot woman at home and still he risked and lost much due to his constant infidelities. Tiger knew he was very much under public scrutiny and as a wealthy celebrity he put himself very much at risk of loosing his family, 100's of $$ millions of dollars and also great risk of black mail or from exposure by women that could sell their stories of lust with Tiger to the tabloids for big money. He risked it all and lost most of it just to get naked with a few sexy women. I would call that an addict. For my freind, his addiction to sex has cost him at least $200,00 for hookers ( not the hot kind) and he lost his home over the last 6 years. He is in a treatment center for addiction right now. Some people never need sex and some are totally consummed from morning to night by non stop sexual cravings. When they give in to those cravings at great cost socially and finacially, they are an addict.

This post was edited by firebird at May 15, 2013 5:53:03 PM EDT
    • August 2, 2013 9:57:16 AM EDT

Ariel Castro, the Cleveland rapist and kidnapper of three women... Claimed in his sentencing speech to the court that "I am not a monster. I am addicted to sex."

Did you see him in his court appearance? Except for the orange prison uniform, he looked like a kindly elderly man, who could have been a banker, doctor, lawyer or even a judge. His expression clear and guileless behind his rimless glasses as the judge read out his life sentence without parole for a thousand years.

Well my questions. Is Ariel a monster? And/or do you believe that sex addiction is a medical excuse for rape & kidnapping?

• August 2, 2013 2:22:26 PM EDT

He became a monster because he was completely out of control with his addiction to sex. Whether it's alcohol, drugs, people or sex, addictions need treatment. The world is in short supply of good psychiatrists. Unfortunately we have no shortage of prisons of no return to a normal life.

There is a place called Miracle Village in palm beach in the Florida Everglades & only sex addicts live there. Apparently it works & everyone gets along. Not everyone would agree with this approach, but it works.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel