Club-Privé Forums General Entertainment
  • Topic: Politics in Canada

Back To Topics
    • March 2, 2013 6:05:34 PM EST
    • Politics in Canada

As a pleasure seeking adult one of my great pleasures is following the daily tug and pull of our federal political drama.

Who is on the Conservative party's hit list this week? Is a constant topic of conversation at our house.

We love to hate our prime minister Stephen Harper.

To a lesser extent we are also again becoming interested in the newly elected Cathrine Wynn. Leader of theOntario Liberal party. (I hope I spelled her name correctly)

And finally we take great delight in the buffonery of our mostly inept fool of a major Rob Ford. Truly it is almost an embarrassement to have this man as our civic leader.

What about you. . . is politics your pleasure too? Care to talk abut it.

Who do you think ought to win the next federal Liberal convention?

This post was edited by Deleted Member at March 2, 2013 6:09:40 PM EST
    • March 3, 2013 7:25:27 AM EST
    • Politics in Canada

Wynn is a winner for Liberals, Conservatives, & N.D.P.

Finally a person of integrity & a woman & I'm starting to get excited about the future.

On the Federal front so many people are jealous of Justin Trudeau. Me, I'm thrilled not to have another politician full of cheap speeches & agendas. He certainly has proven that he knows how to raise money. In fact, I believe that he's exactly what we need to rebuild our reputation abroad & our strength within.

• March 4, 2013 5:01:40 AM EST
    • Politics in Canada

Cookie, I have to agree with you about both Wynn and also about Justin.
      I am personally very excited about Justin, as someone wrote about him: "Justin makes me feel young again".
      I hope he kicks the crap out of the Conservatives, and send Harper to the trash heap of history.

• April 15, 2013 8:22:05 AM EDT
    • Politics in Canada

A new leader of quality shines in Canadian Politics

Integrity can't come soon enough for most Canadians.

Justin Trudeau has ushered in a whole new era of doing politics.
      Prime Minister Harper's days of doing dirty politics are clearly numbered.
      Tom Mulcair has changed his names, but not his game.

Justin Trudeau may have a lot to learn with his new position, however he's already learned the most important fundamental for being a great leader. His regard for respect stands head & shoulders above the dark years of dirty politics.

• May 2, 2013 6:56:01 PM EDT
    • Politics in Canada

I take much less interest in politics than I used to. I found it soooo frustrating. Too many big egos and even the few politicians with good intentions eventually give up and become just another pig at the trough. How many politicians have ever kept even a few election promises?  Second term politians especially those with a big majority always seem to get too comfortable and run into scandles half way through second term.

Justine will be the next Prime minister and I am curious about how well he will do. I hope he does very well and we do need a change from the old boys politics. Justin does appear to be more in touch with reality than those that have spent too many years as coddled and over paid civil servents.When a party resorts to mud slinging and personal attacks agains their opposition, that tells me they don't have anything positive in their campain to run on. If they did they would be showing me all the wonderful new programs they have for me intead of just kicking the opposition down with slurs and BS. Mudslinging against Justin is in full swing already and that will hurt Harpers chances more than anything else. Like his father, Justine will ride high on the ladies vote. He will win. Harper will be gone and NDP have no chance since Layton is gone. Layton was a one man party. Nobody today has the respect that Layton had as NDP leader. Love him or hate him , Jack worked his ass off for what he passionatly believed in. A rarety in politics today. I never voted for Jack. It was the man I respected, not his policies.

This post was edited by firebird at May 29, 2013 8:26:06 AM EDT
    • May 3, 2013 2:20:58 PM EDT
    • Politics in Canada

Firebird,
      I feel as you do. However, we as humans can be influenced even if we think not.

All those bully adds by Prime Minister Harper need to be addressed. Otherwise, if you play a song often enough you start to sing that song.

In fact I e-mailed the following to Justin & hope that it resonates:

Please Justin read this because our heart & head is in the right place.
      Both myself & my husband want you to accomplish your goal & become Canada's next Prime Minister.

Keeping your integrity, you must go on the attack to Harper. Focus on "bullying" because people do not like bullying. Cite all the ways he is bullying us Canadians. Both Mr. Dion & Mr. Ignatieff were victims of Harpers bullying.

Do it your way, but stand up on your hind legs & let him have it, because us Canadians want you to. In fact, we'll respect you even more.

I know you follow U.S. politics. Remember how President Obama acted with his first debate with Mr. Romney. The American people wanted him to fight for what he wanted. He pulled up his socks by his second debate & he started to win back support.

Sincerely,
      Ruthy Bernice Muller

• October 26, 2013 8:01:17 PM EDT
    • Politics in Canada

Now with the Harper Senate scandals raging across the land, time to resurrect this topic.

God, I hope Justine Trudeau kicks the shit out of Harper in the next election and of course in the press between now and then.

• November 4, 2013 2:18:56 PM EST
    • Politics in Canada

Mr. Harper has displayed all the traits of a toxic leader.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel